This is NOT another acting class.
It focuses on the mechanics of on-screen technique.
Link here to www.on-camera.com
What makes screen legends like Robert De Niro, Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep so compelling on camera? Their knowledge and skill of how to WORK the camera is so refined, it allows them to maximize their creative choices.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Award winning filmmaker Dee McLachlan, fresh from directing a block of Wentworth (S2) was praised by David Stratton as making the “Best Australian film of 2007” in THE JAMMED. She has worked with talent like Martin Sheen, Brooke Shields and Roddy McDowel, and brings over 3 decades of experience of being an editor and director, and working with the disciplines of 35mm on several continents.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
- Actors and theatre actors with limited on-set experience
- Stand-up comedians who want on-camera skills
- Aspiring directors who want to get the best technical performance from actors.
WHAT SKILLS WILL BE COVERED?
- The basics of the camera, working with, and understanding shot size
- Understanding your habits
- Eye contact (where to look), and working to camera when it is not directly on you
- How to manipulate two shots, ‘shouldering’ to camera and ‘finding the camera’
- Eye lines; crossing the line; blocking, choreography and the director
- Hitting marks, focus and how to move for the camera operator; on movement, actions, and extreme close ups (props)
- Tips on continuity; single and multi-camera set-ups;
- Being on set and communicating with the director and camera operator, and
- Pacing through rehearsals and takes, and
This class will prepare you for on-set environments that demand technical knowledge in a time poor environment.
HOW IS THE CLASS STRUCTURED?
There will be practical demonstrations and working on camera with fellow actors in the 4 hour workshop. You will be emailed a 1 page side that will be the foundation of the class
Masa Yamaguchi and Emma Lung in THE JAMMED
Size : 306.448 Kb
Type : pdf